Created by Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC) and the Institut québécois de planification financière (IQPF) in 2009, Financial Planning Week is dedicated to raising awareness of the importance and benefits of professional financial planning, encouraging Canadians to take control of their future and achieve their goals through sound financial planning, and ensuring Canadians are armed with the information they need to find the right professional.
In addition to consumer education and outreach, FPSC offers opportunities for more than a thousand Certified Financial Planner® professionals and members of the financial services industry from across the country to come together in a learning and networking environment.
Financial Planning Week has grown steadily since its inception, becoming closely integrated with awareness activities, educational events, research studies and other initiatives each November.
The Objectives of Financial Planning Week Are To:
- Raise awareness of the importance of financial planning and issue a call to action to all stakeholders for the benefit of all Canadians.
- Encourage industry to educate their clients of the value of financial planning.
- Provide a platform for financial planning professionals to discuss the necessity and progress of a financial planning profession.
- Encourage consumers to take positive planning action.
- Educate Canadians, financial planners, financial services providers and regulators, on the benefits of financial planning.
- Educate the financial services industry and the Canadian public on the value of the CFP® designation.
Vision 2020: The Heart of Financial Planning Week
Financial Planning Week was launched in 2009 with the vision that, by the year 2020, Canada will be shaped by a nation of people, organizations and a regulatory environment that:
- Values financial planning
- Shares and assumes responsibility to ensure the financial planning needs of Canadians are well served
- Has a viable financial planning profession that ensures that those who need professional advice have broad access to competent, ethical financial planners
Join us as we progress ever closer to this important goal, for the benefit of all Canadians.